The utmost professionalism, effectiveness and determination have been pivotal to the Law Office of Daniel J. Palmer since its inception. Located in Bexar County, Texas, our office takes pride in representing clients from every corner of the Lone Star State. Whether you’ve been accused of a crime or suspected of committing one, our criminal defense lawyer, Daniel J. Palmer, will represent you with all of your legal interests in mind.
Daniel J. Palmer, a San Antonio native, graduated from the Antonian College Preparatory High School and subsequently attended the University of Texas at Austin. There, he earned his Bachelor of Arts in Government/Political Science and a double minor in Business and Interdisciplinary Studies.
Seeking to amplify his education, Daniel entered St. Mary’s University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor. It was during this time that he had the privilege of spending a summer studying in Europe under the guidance of United States Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts at the Institute on World Legal Problems at the University of Innsbruck in Austria. Daniel’s complete education experience is as follows:
THE MARK OF EXPERIENCE
After receiving his law license and admittance into the Texas Bar, Daniel continued to pave his way through the legal world by becoming a Criminal Texas State Prosecutor for the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office. His position as a first chair prosecutor allowed him to develop impressive skills as a trial attorney by successfully trying numerous cases involving a wide range of criminal offenses in front of juries.
This position additionally gave Daniel the responsibility to run the office’s Criminal Protective Orders Unit where he conducted many Protective Order hearings in the presence of every elected Civil District Court Judge in Bexar County. Daniel’s experience working in the DA’s office gave him insight into how crimes are prosecuted and how prosecutors are trained to bring a case against you. After his period working for the DA’s office, Daniel joined a multi-practice area law firm with offices throughout Texas where he handled the entire firm’s caseload and handled the legal needs of numerous clients.
REPRESENTING YOU LIKE FAMILY
When Daniel isn’t seen around the office strengthening a case or in the courtroom defending a client’s rights, he spends his time playing a variety of musical instruments, working on his vinyl record collection, reading, long-distance running and cheering on his Texas Longhorns and San Antonio Spurs. First and foremost, Daniel loves spending his spare time by his wife and son’s side.
Family is an essential part of Daniel’s life and his passion for his loved ones translates to his approach in legal cases. His motto has always been: “I represent my clients as aggressively as if they were my own family.” By using his knowledge of the legal world and experience as a prosecutor, Daniel always works diligently on your case while delivering the results you expect.
- Bar Admission
- Licensed by the Supreme Court of Texas
- Graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Graduate of the Institute on World Legal Problems, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
- Graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, BA in Government
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- The San Antonio Local Musicians Guild
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Anthony de Padua Pro Bono Clinic
- Client's Choice: Criminal Defense AVVO 2015
- Featured Attorney: Criminal Defense AVVO 2015
- Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in San Antonio Scene in SA Magazine 2015
- Best Entertainment Lawyers in San Antonio Scene in SA Magazine 2015
- Top Attorney- Criminal Defense AVVO 2015
- Featured Attorney: Criminal Defense AVVO 2014
- Pro Bono Certificate St. Mary's University School of Law 2010